1. I can do hard things: Really hard things like being nice when I don't have any more patience. Someone get me a gold statue cause I deserve an Oscar with my performances!
2. Sarcasm is every mom's sanity when it comes to stress: That an chocolate...... and a 12 pack..... coke zero of course!
3. Everything will work out.: It may take awhile. A really really long while, but eventually it will work out. There was a quote I saw once that said. "It all works out in the end, if it didn't work out, it's not the end." The thought has crossed my mind to punch someone in the face if I heard that saying one more time, but then I refer to my number 1.
4. "Life's full of tough choices. Aint it?" Insert Ursula (from Little Mermaid) and a deep throat laugh and you've got yourself the truth. Sometimes I don't know if I'm making the right choice. Oh what do I do? Show me a sign! But then, I just jump. And maybe instead of freaking out, I just enjoy the view on the way down? Wouldn't that be something? Enjoying the fall.....
5. Avoidance of dealing with real problems, aka:Pinterest: Some people find Pinterest and Facebook to be depressing reminders of everything they didn't do that day. I'm sure their will be a Pinterest anonymous meeting popping up soon with day old donuts and folding chairs, but until then- Stop comparing and start dreaming! Instead of wallowing in my self hatred of disorganized boxes and clutter everywhere, I'm dreaming of what I may or may not be able to create in my next home. Otherwise, I'll just end up going back to bed and covering my head in a pillow.
So to sum up my last month: I act as if every things ok & I even start believing my own performance. When I really want to freak out, I just find some chocolate in one of my 20 hiding spots & hit the coke zero & get on Pinterest. Pretty much I just avoid dealing with reality and then use sarcasm to make it all better. I'd be an awesome guidance counselor right? And just because posts without photos are insanely boring, here is some of my pins..... You can find the sources for all of them here & here
Um, sorry mom, but this is way cooler than the red teddy bear border wall in my room growing up. And I say that with love. Because at 6yrs old, I didn't think rooms got cooler than bordered teddy bear wall paper....