Sisters with Flair

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Turquoise dresser

If you haven't noticed Sisters with flair has been missing some sisters.  Little lonely over here, but Mandy-cakes came thru with a fab dresser makeover.  Minus the before pictures.... Sorry.  But the after shots will win over your paint-envy hearts!

 Here's the dresser/beauty she scored for $15.  Can you say jealous?  Trust me when I say, I lay awake at night wondering how I could drive 3000 miles and sneak it out of her house.  If I had to go to jail it would totally be worth it!  That pop of color?  The mod retro lines?  Adorbs!  It really brightens up the room!




And then of course she needed some fun pillows.  So this fabric was a perfect choice to tie in the credenza.  Not super matchy matchy.  Just complimentary.  Which equals perfection!

Here's the up close and fabulous shot.  She used Zinsser bonding primer and then regular latex paint.  And she swears by the Zinsser primer.  (Wish I had known about this before we painted and then sanded and repainted a dresser).  No sanding necessary with that stuff!  I'm in love with fun, bright colored furniture.  It just makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment