Sisters with Flair

Monday, July 4, 2011

Porch swings and Pinterest

I lay awake at night with a thousand ideas in my head, unable to sleep with so many creations floating in my mind. But then in the morning, I have no energy to make them. Oh! The ridiculous cycle! Last night I woke up with porch swings on my mind. I had no idea I wanted one. I have a rickety one that was given as a gift, that I'm a little leary of sitting on. I have a huge covered porch in the front of my house. I live at the end of a culdesac and a comfy porch swing would be perfect to watch the kids ride bikes while sitting out there. Well, it would be perfect if an A/C unit was attached to it. Maybe more like a winter porch swing. I much prefer winters in Texas than summers. With my ideas in my head, I searched on http://www.pinterest.com/ (beware: this site is like crack! Wish I was kidding) and found some easily made twin beds turned swings. Here's my favorites:

Very rustic- possibly an old door turned swing? Looks do-able though, right?


Love the rope and fun red color of the swing. Fabric, not so much....


How cool would this be in your kid's bedrooms? Might have to google drywall repair though....


I think I may be looking for some twin beds at the good will very soon.....



Seriously, why do I start dreaming of new projects when I have all the supplies for 3 unfinished projects cluttering up the house? I'm a big picture kind of girl, the details get me bored. Planning is the fun for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment