Sisters with Flair

Friday, November 5, 2010

White Chicken Chili

Yay! It's finally getting chilly in Texas! This is what I live for! The nice 70 degree days and the cold 50 degree nights. Pulling out my favorite sweaters and fuzzy socks. Wrapping up at night in my ultra soft robe. Yes it is finally fall. My favorite season. The other night I made my favorite soup that is loved by ALL my children. Very RARE (that I'm cooking AND my children love it)! Our family got this recipe from (practically our 4th sister) Alyson and we make it all the time. What makes it really fabulous is the tomato garnish- you simply MUST make it! My sis Renee hates tomatoes and guess what? She loves this garnish. It's the next best thing to Zac Efron. Just wait, you'll see!


Sorry this picture does NOT do it justice!

White Bean Chili-

*2-3 cans of white beans/ navy beans *1 large onion, diced finely

*36-48oz of chicken broth *7 oz can of diced green chiles

*2 tsp dried oregano *4 tsp cumin *1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (more or less)

*6 cloves of garlic, minced *1 Cup sour cream (no Reduced fat!)

*3 Cups shredded mont. jack cheese *4 Cups cooked & diced chicken

Directions: Combine beans, onions, garlic and broth and bring to a boil, turn down and simmer covered for about 2 hours. Stir occasionally. Add chicken, chiles and seasonings and simmer for 30 minutes. Take off heat, add sour cream and cheese and stir til melted. Add the tomato garnish for a real kick of flavor!

The most amazing, must have, Tomato Garnish:

*5 tomatoes off the vine or 8 roma tomatoes *cilantro chopped finely

*1/2 Cup sugar *1/4 Cup cider vinegar *juice from 1 lemon *1 tsp salt

*1 tsp paprika *2 tsp celery seed *1/3 Cup vegetable oil

Directions: In saucepan combine sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil until sugar dissolves. In a jar of tupperware comvine lemon juice and seasonings. Add vinegar & oil. Shake to combine. Add just enough to coat the diced tomatoes. You'll probably have extra. Spoon onto your individual bowl of soup. And then invite me over!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe!!! And with the tomato garnish it took it over the top. It will go in my favorites for sure? Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete