Sisters with Flair

Monday, August 16, 2010

FINALLY!

Well, after seeing Allthingsthrifty's wall art (back in January!) I was determined to do this project. I was planning on doing a different design, but in the end, just stuck with her cool damask pattern. I actually started this project way back in February but when I went to buy the wood, the old guy at the local hardware store somehow convinced me that I should use plywood instead of mdf. Hmmm, thanks sir, but that was just a waste of a LOT of time! DO NOT USE PLYWOOD!! Anyway, I put the project away for the last (ahem) few months and decided I was ready to handle it. I had the jigsaw in hand, started to cut, and then quickly realized that hubby is much better at precision cutting than myself. "You want to cut for 5 hours? Ok, I guess I'll let you:)" I did make him some delicious homemade peanut butter cups for all his effort.

Isn't she perty? I've only had this blank wall for the last two years, yeah, that's all, haha. Problem with this wall is the thermostat is smack dab in the middle of it and there's no good way to decorate around the thermostat, so we built a 2 inch frame around the boards and drilled some holes in the bottom and top so hopefully we can still have a functioning thermostat. I'll let you know if it works this winter:) The best part about this art to me is that instead of stapling the felt onto the boards, I used industrial strength velcro and that way I can change the color of the felt anytime I want (This brown was my safe color choice, I think I'm already ready for something wild)! Am I super smart or what?! Anway, so glad this huge project's over, I can check this off my before-baby comes list!

1 comment: