Sisters with Flair

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Get the Big Picture?

Everytime I see really large photos blown up I can't help but do a double take. They make such a bold impact! I've wanted to do something like this for awhile but haven't been able to figure out what pictures to blow up. I finally took the plunge and edited these two photos in photoshop. I'm trying to bring some orange accents into this room because it connects to my orange kitchen. Photoshop textures helped me to make the photos kind of orangy (it's totally a word, look it up). I found frames at Ikea that hold 20x30 pictures that were only $20 each and then had Costco enlarge the photos for only $8.99. Each picture was only a total of 30 bucks! How cheap is that? I think I will change the picture depending on the season. What do of the color? Should I just do black and white or do you like the color? (Stay tuned for the rug reveal in this room. Hint: think safari but cooler)


Please ignore the ugly child lock on the armoire. Here is a closer look at the pictures I used. Remember: I was going for an orangy look.



So do you have any boring walls? Blow up a picture and make a HUGE impact. Change a snapshot to black & white and instantly make it look sophisticated. It's really inexpensive and completely original. It will make you smile everytime you walk by.......

No comments:

Post a Comment