Sisters with Flair

Sunday, July 29, 2012

You might be a Texan if.....


Someone at the grocery store asked me how long I had lived in Texas and when I replied 6yrs, she said I was "officially a Texan now".  Hmm, really?  Not feelin' it.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't officially feel like I fit in yet.  So I came up with a list of what makes a true Texan.   If I can relate to half of them, I will officially be a Texan!

So, in my words, you might be a Texan if.......

1.  You've had a can of soda explode in your car.....

2.  Your purse costs as much as your mortgage pmt....

3.  Your dog has more accessories than you do!.....

4.  You own as many work-out clothes as you do shoes (but don't necessarily work out)....

5.  You've worn pearls with sweatpants....

6.  You can say anything snotty about someone but follow it with a "bless her heart" and it's not       considered gossip.....

7.  You enroll your child in sports before they start walking.....

8.  You know the proper use of Y'all, Y'alls & Y'aller......

9.  You sign emails with "God Bless".......

10.  You bring a sweater to the movies because 76 degrees is just chilly!.......

11.  Your children think that snow only comes in a cone with sugary syrup.....

And one more just for fun because I've totally witnessed this (You know who you are!):
12.  You cry when you're on vacation in another state and see a Texas license plate......

Texas Pride.  There's nothing like it.  I'm really happy we live here.  Love the people.  Love the winters.  Getting used to the dogs in purses.  Almost used to the crazy sport moms.  And will NEVER get used to the summers.  But I can't have everything...... or can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment