Sisters with Flair

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lee won! (and felt board stories)

First of all, I have to say HOORAY for my man, Lee!!! I'm so proud of him, I kind of feel like I know him because he reminds me a lot of my brother, Tony, who's also trying to get into the music biz. My countless weeks of voting for him have paid off! I just love his voice, I think he's amazing singer!

Alrighty, thanks for letting me get that off my chest. It was just a very exciting finale for me!
So, I'm really excited about my latest project. I've been looking for ways that I can teach my toddler bible stories (I guess I'm also planning for when he's a little older). I found this blog where this girl, Sarah, shows how she makes felt board stories. You just go to this other blog where fellow blogger, "Cocoa" was nice enough to have all these flannel board stories ready to print off. Then, instead of just printing on regular paper or cardstock, you print on iron-on transfer paper and then iron that onto felt. Genius! My little guy can actually play with the felt board instead of me worrying that he'll ruin the paper pieces. Sarah also showed how she made manila folder pockets for each story to contain all the felt pieces and the scriptures or story that goes along with it. There are tons of stories, so far I've got 12 done. It makes it so easy to have a Family Home Evening lesson that is ready to go! Go check out this blog!


Christ's Birth


The Creation


To create the felt board, I just covered a piece of wood with a large piece of felt and duct taped it on. A little ghetto, but quick and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment