Sisters with Flair

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fried Rice


I'm at an all time low peeps. After enjoying my parents for two weeks, eating incredible food & desserts & shopping, I can't button up my pants! Its diet time. No more chocolate, no more ice cream, no more caramels and creme brulee. (Yeah, we really do eat like that when my padres come to visit) Its time to diet before the Thanksgiving week gorge and the Christmas Shortbread come out. So what do I do? I start dreaming about food I shouldn't have! This right now is what would really hit the spot. Some think of homemade Mac&Cheese as comfort food, but I'm convinced its good Fried Rice! Here's my super easy & yummy fried rice recipe from the restaurant Benihana:
Benihana Japanese Fried Rice:
ingredients:
-2 Cups cooked Rice (no instant or quick) -2 eggs, beaten
-1 Cup frozen peas -2 TBL finely grated carrot
-1/2 C diced onion -1/2 TBL butter
-2 TBL soy sauce -salt & pepper to taste
Cook rice before hand & referigerate. Scramble eggs in a fry pan over medium heat. Chop cooked eggs into small bits with spatula while cooking. Set eggs aside. Melt butter in a large fry pan, on med/high hea. When butter is melted add rice & veggies & then add soy sauce plus salt & pepper and cook for 6-8 minutes. Stirring the entire time.
*I usually double the butter & soy sauce, (hence my dieting) and add chicken. I like make this with leftover rice. Super easy & filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment