Sisters with Flair

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Silhouette- the easiest project ever!



I've been in silhouette envy for awhile now. I thought that only crafters with expensive machines could have silhouettes of their children. I was wrong. Making your own is super easy and quick. This project took me 20 minutes total. All I needed was some cute paper, scissors, and a photo of my daughter printed on regular paper in black and white. I carefully cut out her profile and exaggerated her features like her eye lashes and lips and hair. The more details you include, the more life like it becomes. After that I traced it onto my yellow cardstock and cut it out. I used raised glue dots to lift it off the paper, but wished I used even taller glue dots to make it more dramatic!

I chose to mount mine on a canvas that I already had. Modge podge it on or use a super sticky tacky tape. Either way, it's still only 20 minutes to complete! I cut strips of paper to cover the edges to make it look more finished.



I think this looks better in real life because the paper has a velvet texture to it. I'm thinking maybe I need two more of these on my mantel. Maybe with coordinating paper..... what do you think?


I linked to this party:

Get Your Craft On Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment