Sisters with Flair

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Family Room Reveal







So, we moved into our house about 18 months ago when I was 8 months pregnant. Awesome, so fun. This family room downstairs was a wreck! We decided to leave up this rock wall because it's possible to put a wood stove there that can heat the entire house if worse comes to worse (the clock covers the hole for the stove). Someone decided it would be great to cover the wall (on the right) with rustic wood (attaching the wood with glue, nails, AND screws) and then covered that with fabric. So ugly I was horrified to even take a picture. But we did end up with a holey wall for 6 months. That was also very fun. Anyway, so glad that I can sit in this room happily all evening and enjoy the fruits of my labor. I painted the room, we put in new carpet, Zac put in the light fixture, I made easy curtains with my mom, made some pillows from black and white houndstooth for the couch, blew up some family pics for the back wall, and put up new bookshelves so my crazy little guy can't pull down the dvds (everyday! grrr) anymore. I also spray painted one of those metal stars you see everywhere so it could cover up the ugly thermostat that those genius builders of my house decided to put smack dab in the middle of the wall. We love the room now and aren't embarrassed to watch movies with friends anymore!

Here's a picture of little Z showing us that he did not like that ugly wall!

1 comment:

  1. Oo, I love a good remodel. Especially when you can do it yourself. It's so much more enjoyable that way. Looks awesome! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete