Sisters with Flair

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Furniture Find of the Week


1960 china hutch, originally uploaded by Nestlings.

I’m still a little giddy after yesterdays find, the lines on this hutch are gorgeous and it is in amazing condition a classic piece from the 1960’s (I think). Normally I can talk myself out of most purchases, and just walk away, but I found myself having a difficult time walking far enough away from it to pay for it. Yes, I was that excited.

When I first saw it, I thought David would have a heart attack (he loves the more traditional look) so if nothing else it would go into my work room just so I could gaze at it. Much to my surprise within 10 minutes of bringing it inside he had already picked out 3 places it could fit in our home and not a single one of those included the garage!

If anyone knows anything about this style or the exact age I’d really appreciate it. My initial guess is that it’s from the 1960’s. The inside contains a label from “Garrison Furniture Co. and the back is stamped number 248.

My initial thoughts are paint it. Maybe white….maybe gray…maybe some contrast colors on the inside of the hutch and where the cabinet doors come together to make an oval. So many possibilities, I just can’t decide.

1 comment:

  1. I love it just the way it is:) No paint required. I would have had a heart attack if I found that in the wild!

    ReplyDelete