Sisters with Flair

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Now you know your ABC's!

After wanting to learn to applique for years, my mom finally taught me and Sassy, aka Andrea, this summer. Let me tell you- it is so easy! Especially the way I sewed this letters on, I just randomly sewed around the edge, so it will fray a little when washed. I ironed the letters onto the white cotton background using a fusible webbing, then sewed all the squares together. I always use 'warm and natural' batting for in between my quilts and then I got brave and hand quilted the squares with turquoise thread to match the back. My friend who had a baby in November isn't a quilter, so I'm hopeful she didn't notice my very imperfect stiches! I never got a picture of the finished product (as always!), but I was pretty close at this point. I just needed to finish up the binding. Anyway, I loved working on this quilt and was super sad to give it away- hopefully Hannah Rose will love it as much as I do!






No comments:

Post a Comment