Sisters with Flair

Monday, June 7, 2010

Tutorial: How to make a pendant banner


I wanted to make one of these for the little guy's room, so I thought I'd show you how I do it. First, pick out one piece of cute scrapbook paper for each letter of the word you'll spell. Next, mark the half-way mark on the bottom edge. This will make your point. You will then cut from that point to the top left. You could use a pencil and a straight edge to draw your line and then hand cut the pendant shape, but I just used my straight edge and an old rotary cutter I use for paper now.


Then you'll do the same thing on the other side.

To make the banner a little more sturdy, I use cardstock for the back. You can use a cute coordinating color for your cardstock, but I just used white. If you use a cute coordinating color, cut your scrapbook paper pendants a little smaller so the coordinating color will peek out a little.

I just used a little gluestick so they'll stay together, and then I used a hole punch to punch holes on the top of each pendant (so I can slip ribbon through). I just used some vinyl letters to spell out my buddy's name, but you could also just hand cut or draw some of your own letters. Vinyl's easier and I always do easier.

Just slip some ribbon through the letters and knot it at each end. Super cute and super easy!

Here's another banner I've made using the same technique. Perfect for birthday parties or any other time you want to "celebrate";)

No comments:

Post a Comment