Sisters with Flair

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Boredom Buster- mini picasso's

I wonder if you can get scholarships in paper tearing? My girls would totally rock that degree! I decided to put their paper tearing skills to use and have them make a piece of art with their bits of paper instead of a bigger recycling pile. 8 yr old M is really creative and drew the design she wanted on a 24"x24" piece of very thin wood. We painted it cream with craft paint and it became her blank canvas. She wanted it to go in her bedroom so we used paper that coordinated with her bedding. Both my girls got into the paper tearing and we created piles based on the color of paper. Then we painted on modge podge in small areas over our penciled drawing and added the torn paper, making sure it overlapped each other.
The finished piece of art, still needs to be hung in her bedroom but you get the idea. What I love most about this project is that she & lil sis created this all on their own with very little supervision. They couldn't be prouder of themselves & I love that this project kept them busy for over 2 hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment