Sisters with Flair

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day


Do you want me to be honest with you? I'm not really super green. I know. Shocker. I know being green is supposed to be the "hip" thing to do these days. I just don't go above and beyond to be that way. I take hot showers longer than 3 minutes. I wash my white clothes in hot water. I use plastic bags from the grocery store. Sue me. BUT, I do love the earth. It's a super cool place to live and one of my favorite ways to observe this is to watch the Planet Earth series and Life on Discovery channel. This world we live in is amazing! I just can't get over all the cool shots these cameramen get! Crazy! We watch Planet Earth sometimes on Sunday nights and I am amazed every time. Go watch it. You'll love it. So much better than the old Discovery channel documentaries mom used to make us watch.
And here's one of my favorite treats to eat while you watch it. Smores bars. So good. And I'm sure they're just great for the environment!

SMORES BARS
3/4 cup light corn syrup
2 Tablespoons butter
12 oz. package milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
9 cups Golden Grahams cereal
3 cups mini marshmallows
Grease 9x13 pan. Heat syrup, butter, and chocolate in microwave 60 seconds, stir, and then another 30 seconds until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal in a large bowl, tossing until coated. Fold in marshmallows 1 cup at a time. Press into pan. Let stand 1 hour before cutting into. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What? You wash your clothes in hot water? How are we even related? I mean, I'm so green I stared at a tree, for like, an hour today!

    ReplyDelete