Sisters with Flair

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wall art


Have you ever finished a project but then can't decide whether you love it or hate it. Well, that's what I can't decide. Is it fun or just weird? It didn't take much time, the only thing really time consuming was hanging it. That took atleast 40 min to get it straight! Plus lots of fun extra holes in the wall to patch later. My sister (and MOM!) both have a vinyl lettering business. You can order from Renee here.

So I painted 2 -24" square boards black with craft paint. You can find them at Lowes or Home Depot for around $5. Then I used blue painters (easily removable) tape to mark where each line should be. Then I simply laid down the letters & peeled up the clear backing. Easy Peazy Lemon Squeazy! Since the boards are REALLY thin, you can't hang it with regular picture hangers. I had to find fabric picture hangers. You simply wet the fabric and attach and then let it dry over night. So what do you think? Should I keep it or not? If I do keep it, I may be singing this song everyday for the rest of my life! P.S- These walls are BAAAAORING, I know! I'm painting my walls soon and can't decide which color. Gray is in but this is my entrance, into my family room & staircase & game room. I'm not sure I want to comit to all gray. What color do you think I should paint the walls? Help me peeps, I'm having commitment issues!

1 comment: