Sisters with Flair

Sunday, February 28, 2010

dinner tradition


If you know me, you know how much I love family traditions. I'm always looking for ways to take the mundane tasks and make them more fun. I started this dinner tradition last year and my girls LOVE it. I keep a notebook and a pretty candle near the dinner table. I also keep my YOU ARE SPECIAL TODAY plate in with my regular dishes so we use it more than just b-days. Each time someone has a good day (such as: got to be the line helper at school, got 100% on a test, no cavities at the dentist, it's their half b-day, scored a goal,etc.) we write a note & the date in the book and light the candle for them at the dinner table. It's a great little family journal of memories too! The best part is it's inexpensive and little prep time needed to make your family feel more loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment