Sisters with Flair

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dining room Progress

Here's a look at my entry and dining BEFORE we moved in:



Nice.  Little too Tuscan and dark for me.


Here's the light fixture that was in the dining room.  Pretty.  And formal.  Not me.

                             Untitled

Here is the new light fixture:
070a


My newly striped walls:
073a


The photos of my parents when they were little, both on horses.  I love these photos.....
079a

The light fixture was another overstock purchase and I loved the price!  You can find it here.  Total pain to install in my opinion.  Definitely need two people.  You have to shove the 3 wires through 40'' of metal rod.  Surely the worst part.  TIP:  Measure how long it will hang before you order this.  It was going to be about 7.5 feet high with my 12foot ceilings.  Lame for a dining room.  We fortunately had matching left over rods from our entry way light and were able to extend it  or we would've been in trouble.

Left to do in this room:
-Look into drapes. (Can you do drapes with shutters?)
-Recover chair seats in fun fabric. (What color should I do.  I need some POP!)
-Buy fun upholstered chairs for the end and head of table.
-Need a buffet.  (Fun color maybe?)
-Rug or no rug?
-A huge horse photo on opposite wall maybe?
-Centerpiece. (I stink at centerpieces)

I'm looking into some horse photographs for the opposite wall from my parents photos.  Here's some ideas.  Which one do you like?


Option 1)


Option 2)


Or Option 3)



I don't know why, but horse art is on my mind.  I guess I'm living out the whole "I want a pony and I want it right now!" phase.  Whatever I do, I need to go big.  Huge art/photos are another obsession of mine.....  Which one do you like?  Or am I crazy?  You can tell me if I'm crazy.  I promise I won't be mad.  I probably won't change though, cause that's the thing about crazy people.  They can't change crazy!



6 comments:

  1. I really like your dining table! I'm on the hunt for one... did you buy it recently? Did you get it at a chain or a mom and pop? Do you love it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The table was a gift from my in-laws and they purchased it probably 10 yrs ago. It's timeless and I love it! Sorry I'm not much help. Good luck on your dining room hunt! I heard World Market may have a dining room sale this next weekend. They've got some fun tables and chairs that I've been eyeing for my kitchen! Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.worldmarket.com/category/furniture/dining-room/dining-tables.do
      Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, the room looks a zillion times better! Good lighting choice! Jackie just got this huge horse picture for her bedroom, it's just the front of the horse and part of the saddle, I love it! You're not crazy, you are just making up for never having a zillion horse dolls like most 9 year olds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, the room looks a zillion times better! Good lighting choice! Jackie just got this huge horse picture for her bedroom, it's just the front of the horse and part of the saddle, I love it! You're not crazy, you are just making up for never having a zillion horse dolls like most 9 year olds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. blue or purple for the chairs- and the white horse is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete