Sisters with Flair

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Who put the pain in painting?

It's happening.  Paint is up.  Rooms are torn apart.  And I don't know where to begin.  Oh, and the money tree dried up.  (You know how people say paint is cheap?  Um, they lied.  Not so cheap when you're doing 5 rooms)  Good thing I'm a color genius or that would be disastrous!  (insert sarcasm)  So my next projects will have to be high dollar wannabe's on a DIY budget.

Here's my torn apart house- don't judge!

Untitled

The office:  Untouched since we moved in.  Don't know what to do with these dark doors and moldings and dark shutters.  It seems too pretty to paint and too formal for a crazy girl like me.  But that's my new dining room light peeking out of that box.  It's 4ft of awesome!


Untitled

What the cheese balls?  This is where I found "the boy" when it had been too quiet for too long.  He does have shorts on.  FYI.  I was impressed that he had any clothes on and the sink wasn't full of water.    But the rest?  There's just no words for it.....



And with those last two photos of my chaos I'd like to leave you with a little sneak peek of the stripes....  Excuse me while I do a happy dance........ You know how I love me some stripes!

Untitled


It only took 5 trips to Home Depot to buy paint.  Apparently my walls are paint thirsty!  I can't wait to get my new light fixture up an going.  But I've got to leave that to "the hubs".  I'm pretty sure I don't have the skill-set or patience to install a light, since I just blew a GF switch in the kids bathroom and hallway and now the painter is painting with flashlights. (Crossing my fingers it looks ok and I won't have a lot of paint touch ups to do)   I do know how to switch a breaker and it still ain't working.  Um, yeah, that's my life today.  

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the stripes. That is the exact same stripe colors we did in Anna's room in Utah. I LOVED IT! So fun. I actually want to redo Anna's room with it. HOORAY for painted stripes.

    ReplyDelete