Sisters with Flair

Monday, August 20, 2012

Happiness ProjectvWeek 2: Organizing

So a follow up from last weeks challenge. Epic FAIL!   I chose MORE ENERGY as my first challenge.  Sleeping more, eating better, working out, drinking water, etc.  After 1 week of this goal I'm actually up 1 pound!  And no, it's not muscle or I wouldn't be wearing sweats today.  Working out is actually really miserable.  How do people enjoy it?  I don't get it?  It doesn't make me feel happy other than a huge relief when its finally over.  Last week, on a scale of 1 to 10,  I was around a 7.5 on the happy scale.  After last weeks challenge, I have to LOWER my happy scale to a 6.8.  Basically, week one stunk!  I need a new happy challenge.  Maybe a happiness project for the impatient & lazy?  Yeah, that sounds more up my alley.  I'm going to continue working out & eating right this week BUT, at all costs, avoid stepping on the scale.

Let's move on, (shake it off girlfriend) and focus on something else.  Ahem, ORGANIZING.  An organized home is a dream of mine.  I'd love to have closets that were well designed.  I love labels and baskets & clean counters.  After this last week of failed attempts at upping my happy dance, I think I can find happiness success at finishing up some pesky projects that are cluttering up my closets and counters.

Here are some of my goals for this week:
1.  Hang new entry way light
2.  Hang dining room light
3.  Hang pictures & art in master bedroom
4.  Attach letter K's to K's room
5.  Hang road signs in K's room
6.  Hang art in M's room
7.  Unpack boxes in the office

Obviously, my To Do list is basically finishing moving into my house.  I think it will make my brain more zen-like to not see stacks of photos and art leaning agains every wall in every room of the house.

Happiness Project Score Week One:  FAIL
The nice thing about week one being a complete disaster is there's no where to go but UP!  Like my Pollyanna attitude?  I prefer describing it as Pollyanna attitude rather than calling it what it is, DENIAL.....But anyway, back to happy stuff.  Here's some organizing genius that are inspiring me this week:






                                                                                    via




via Pottery Barn

Good luck finding your happy's people.  Hopefully you'll have better luck than me..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment