Sisters with Flair

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Project: Document Life

"They grow up so fast, enjoy it."  Those words are spoken to every mother at some point in her life.  This advice is usually given to me at a grocery store check out with a toddler who is trying to shove candy in their pockets or throwing a tantrum.  (Not quite the moment I want to remember lady, thanks though.)  Those words do haunt me though.  It's hard to enjoy it all.  Motherhood feels overwhelming much of the time.  But I know someday, I'm going to be the one handing out that advice and wishing I had stopped to snuggle my kids more while they still wanted me around.  And so I'm taking on a new challenge that I found on this website,  Jenny Collier Photography.  She put together a brilliant plan.  Document Life.  52 photo prompts to help you capture those every day moments that we don't want to forget.  I can't wait to get started!  Every week I will be participating in her photo challenge.  And at the end of 52 weeks I will be making a photo book.  Perfect and simple and so up my alley!


Week one:  Favorite Summer activity

We obviously chose chocolate and ice-cream.  Our family has no choice, we practically bleed chocolate!

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

You only have to take one picture.  Obviously their gooey faces make me snap happy!  And instagram isn't required.  But it's what I had handy after getting their "back to school hair cuts".  Next week's challenge is FAVORITE BOOK.  Go here to see all the photo prompts.  And get your camera happy fingers ready because you're about to "enjoy it" and you can just tell that little old lady at the check out SO!

No comments:

Post a Comment