Sisters with Flair

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dollar Store Gumdrop topiary

Last week I helped decorate the tables for a dinner held for the women of my church. We decided to decorate 12 tables according to the months of the year and have each woman sit at her birthday month. I was in charge of decorating for April, May, and June. April was easy, I just filled a cute easter basket with plastic eggs. May was pretty simple too, I just bought some daffodils and put them in a vase. June had me stumped- what happens in June? Here in Idaho last year, it rained about 25 out of 30 days. Wonderful. So I thought this cute centerpiece would work for anything- and so simple. I spray painted an old flowerpot, cut a dowel the right size, then poured plaster of paris in the pot, holding the dowel in place until it set. I let that dry overnight and stuck half-toothpicks into spice drops. I got the flower pot, styrafoam ball and spice drops at the dollar store, so overall it was a really inexpensive project! It took 2 bags of spice drops to cover the ball- I think it's only a 4 inch ball. And voila!


I linked this to the CSI project!
Visit thecsiproject.com

5 comments:

  1. This one was definitely my favorite centerpiece there!! You guys have so many cute ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is sooo cute! i would love to have a candyland themed party for my kids and make these. how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is adorable!!! Love it! Visiting from CSI. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and colorful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! How do you stop the kids from eating it?

    ReplyDelete