Sisters with Flair

Monday, March 1, 2010

Kitchen and family room makeover





My sista Mandy & Thrifty Decor Chick inspired me to post my family/kitchen makeover. I just love a good before and after party! I always fast forward thru design shows just so I can see the end result. Hmm, does that mean I'm impatient? The before pictures were taken before we moved in so it's not our furniture. We removed 1000 square feet of baby blue tile ourselves. PS: it was AWFUL! We layed brazilian redwood floors and travertine tile ourselves. Textured and painted the walls and tiled our own backsplash with tumbled travertine. We had the granite countertop professionally done. Some things are better left to the pros, but not many! We also used gel stain to match the mantel with our new floors. It took us around 6 months to do the whole main floor. About 4 months longer than planned, but we saved $15,000 doing it ourselves! We bought our house for the lot and the floor plan and knew we had to nix the southwest americana theme right away. Here is my eclectic, traditional style. Hope you likee!

I've been featured on Thrifty Decor Chick and The DIY Showoff!
and Between Naps on the Porch
and the Girl Creative

2 comments:

  1. Those rooms look amazing! The granite on the bench tops is really gorgeous and goes beautifully with the cabinetry. I love the family room too-so cozy and very very stylish!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete