Sisters with Flair

Monday, March 22, 2010

Spice Rack Reno!

Ahh, finally naptime! What a relief! I bought this spice rack at the local DI a few months ago and I thought it'd be perfect to hold baby food jars filled with little do-dads. Well, I finally got to it and finished it. Two coats of primer, two coats of paint and I think it looks much better. To cover up the lids of the baby food jars, I just mod podged some scrap fabric on top and hot glued grograin ribbon around the edge. (I learned from experience that you can't mod podge fabric all the way around the lid- it just WON'T work!:P) Filled it up and tada!
Here's the before:

And the after:

So, next time you go to the thrift store, don't forget- you can paint *almost* everything!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the modge podge lid tip. I can't help but wonder what CAN'T you paint?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the spice rack. But you used it store all sorts of items. It would be great to have it back in its rightful place, the kitchen. And to keep the spices from going stale.

    ReplyDelete