Sisters with Flair

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ruffley Wreath

When Andrea first sent me the link to this wreath here, I was immediately smitten. I thought about it all winter long, but didn't really want to make a white one. With this small town in Idaho having limited crafting supplies, what's a girl to do? So I finally went to Joann's in the "big city" the other day and remembered the wreath- Holy Moly, have you seen their felt selection?! I was so happy!! And it was only $2.50 a yard people. For 74" widths! I went slightly off my turquoise OD and selected this peacock blue. It's a little bit darker in person, I think. So I cut about 275 three inch circles (Yeah, it took me a while). How else was I going to get through American Idol? Although it was quite a bit of work, I couldn't be happier about it. Maybe it's all the work it took that just makes me happy it's finished, but either way- here it is! Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I do!



Don't you just love that ruffley goodness?

So the total cost of this project?
Wreath form: $5.50
Felt: 1 1/4 yards $3.13
Pins: Had on hand
Total cost: $8.63
Oh, and I read on another blog where someone wasn't sure how to hang a ribbon from the door. My trick? Thumbtacks.
I'm linking this to Creations by Kara
Creations by Kara

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love this!!! I think I may have to take this project on. BTW, I started my wall project this week (the 3 slats of wood wall decor from allthingsthrifty.com)and I have to say that I think after 3 hours of jigsawing (and still not done), my hand is officially dead. But its coming along. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SQUEAL! I love it! I wanna make out with it! I must have this- if it's missing from your front door one day.....well lets just say I'm willing to do time for petty theft for this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great! I am tempted to try one but it looks like a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is perfect! I am going to have to make one! Thanks so much for sharing and also thanks for commenting on my blog!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete