Sisters with Flair

Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 3- clean under kitchen sink

We're on Day 3 of our 31 day challenge to a more organized home. It's the blind leading the blind over here! I crave organization but I can't handle too much of it because the upkeep stresses me out. I just need a little more (alot more) before my parents come and watch my children for a week! My momma raised me better than my current cupboard/closet situation! So today I tackled under the kitchen sink.....this is by far the scariest part of my house! There's just something creepy about the cupboard under the sink. It's dark & damp & something has always spilled and it takes a month (or longer) for you to find it. Eww! I tackled this project on and I'm thrilled to say, I escaped without finding a single bug! It wasn't as scary as I thought! There was a can of gun cleaner that had exploded though, it was lovely. Why it was under there, I have no idea? My after pictures aren't impressive but it's far better than what I started with! So instead I'm including some photos of really great storage solutions that one day I'll get around to doing. Because I'm SO GONNA wallpaper under my sink! (insert massive sarcasm)


Image from bhg.com - Wall paper? Seriously? If you have that much time on your hands I'm really impressed and you need to get a hobby.....

Image found on Pinterest- this idea is from Rubbermaid and it's genius. I never know what to do with my crazy long tinfoil boxes! This idea was found on Pinterest with no name. The idea of a drawer seems much more sanitary to me and less arachnaphobic too! Do I see a hint of yellow toile wallpaper in there as well? Seriously, who does that?


photo by bhg.com- there's nothing scary about this kitchen sink cabinet! I think the bright white makes it look so clean and fresh. One day I will have white cabinets like this! Meanwhile, I have a much cleaner, less scary, decluttered kitchen sink cabinet. And I'm one day closer to my.....
Tomorrow, Mandy tackles her food storage closet. I can't wait!


2 comments:

  1. Looooooove the grommets on the rubber gloves and dust cloth. I'm off to look for my grommet tool right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovskillfultakelike thishappen as expected. They mopeningappy to boundlesstdealingle sbe realllin support
    ofre for thaustereronment. Cleaning with natural products is a lot healthier than using store detergents.
    I recommend to everyone to follow your example and to use the written above recipes.
    janitorial
    for janitorial services
    janitorial cleaning

    ReplyDelete