Sisters with Flair

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 30- Finishing those pesky projects

In my quest for organization I have come across many an unfinished project. Frames with nothing in them, fabric waiting to be curtains, wood to fix our fence, a canvas for a pinterest project, a wreath waiting to be made. You get the idea..... I'm a craft hoarder. Good intentions with about 75% of them completely finished. I dream of crafts all night and get about half way through with them and then get bored. That's when my parents come in handy. They come into town full of energy and completely excited to take on my projects. They're my biggest fans! (and my cheapest labor- just have to pay them in chocolate & jokes:)) This time my mom tackled the drapes. My dad and husband worked on fixing our fence and then they hung some curtain rods and some art. I worked on unwrapping the chocolates to hand feed them. With their hands being tied up in fabric & power tools, it's the least I can do. Quite literally, The. Least. I. Can. Do!

Ok- let's have a moment of silence for this not so dearly departed wall paper.....






Ugly eh? But not anymore!!!!

This office has been my "unfinished project nemesis". I just need to figure out the deer head collage wall and it will be complete. But it's almost there and OH! how this room makes me happy!




















Do you see that? A clean counter top? You have no idea how miraculous this is! It's just screaming for a project to be made on it! Magnet board was a project my husband and I did earlier. The light fixture is from Ikea.
These are the curtains my mom completed. The fabric is from http://www.fabric.com/ It cost under $50 to make both panels!
Doesn't this faux deer head make you happy? I've been dreaming of it for the 8 months and finally took a trip down to Z Gallery. I know what you're thinking, "it's missing something". I think so too, so my next project is to make it a yellow bow tie! The frame I got from Ikea about a year ago and spray painted it white. When I cleaned out my closets I found the frame. YAY for organizing!!! Isn't it the perfect size?!










So go finish some of those pesky projects you have junking up your closets. They probably won't take long and you'll be so HAPPY you did! And if you can trick your family into working for chocolate you'll get it done in No time!












I've linked this up to these fabulous sites!




The DIY Show Off



{Primp}


Photobucket

TDC Before and After

7 comments:

  1. Its awesome and beautiful! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would be proud, too. it is totally fabulous!!! i love the ceiling. great job! here from the diy show-off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's stunning! Wow! So fun - that wall of trees, the light fixture, the deer head and frame (love that), the awesome ceiling and those beautiful drapes - I love your attention to detail! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your office looks amazing! I've so got to get mine organized. It's one of the scariest places in the house! Thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, love it, love it! The wallpaper is awesome! And i also like the dark grey on the walls, huge fan of grey here! :)
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Nice work it looks great! www.alterinteriors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa sisters, that is a KILLER office. Talk about FLAIR! You got it!! I would be totally tickled if you'd link this up over on Kammy's Korner for Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday! This rocks!! http://kammyskorner.blogspot.com/2012/03/trash-2-treasure-tuesday-party-23.html

    ReplyDelete